Friday, April 18, 2008

Settle down, Mom!!!!

Settle down, Mom!!!!
Category: Blogging

Ethan is sitting next to me doing a color by letter sheet, and I looked over, and he had written "chestnut" at the top of the page in brown crayon. Well, where did that come from? WHAT made him think chestnut, and how on earth did he know how to spell it? I was fairly impressed as I asked him about it. Silly me, it was the NAME of the color of crayon he was using! I started laughing at myself, and it just snowballed from there. Ethan says, "Mom!! Settle down, Mom!" Then, just as I start to stop laughing, he turns to me and says, "Chestnut!" as if just the word is hilarious and will make me start laughing again. Which, of course it did, because of how he said it! This continued for about 5 minutes until the heater repair guys showed up and I had to answer the door with tears of laughter on my face. So, if Ethan ever comes up to you and says, "CHESTNUT!!" and expects you to laugh, you'll know why!

No comments: