Friday, April 18, 2008

Gimme fives and green car phones

Gimme fives and green car phones
Category: Blogging

Wish I had a picture of this, but I'm posting it anway.

Nicholas, the little smarty-pants, has learned to gimme five without any of us teaching him. A week or so ago, I noticed that everytime I put my hands out to him to lift him out of the crib, he just slapped me a gimme five. I thought, how cute! Dad must have taught him that one. Well, I asked around, and daddy didn't teach him, and brother didn't teach him. He's just picked it up from watching daddy and Ethan high five all the time!

I also noticed that Nick has started picking things up and putting them to his ear. I really didn't think anything of it, until the other day when my cell phone rang, and before I could answer it, Nicholas took the green hotwheels car in his hand, held it up to hear ear, and said, "Aaaaloooooooo??" Priceless. Gives new meaning to the word "car phone" doesn't it? Since then, I've realized that he will "answer" any phone ringing, whether it's on TV, my ringtone, or daddy's ringtone. He even answers when my alarm goes off to pick Ethan up from school. And any old thing will do. Hotwheels, shoes, legos. The time he answered his shoe in the truck had me laughing hysterically remembering "Get Smart". I half expected him to say, "Yes, chief. You've got it."

No comments: