Friday, April 18, 2008

No laughter here....just freaking out.

October 30, 2007 - Tuesday

No laughter here....just freaking out.
Category: Blogging

Sorry, no funny quotes tonight. No crazy non-rhyming words. Just me freaking out a little and needing to vent somewhere.

Found out last week that an old friend's mother is in the hospital having brain surgery. She made it through and is in recovery, but we haven't actually been able to get in touch with our friend to check in and really see how things are going and how he is doing.

Found out tonight that a good friend lost her house to a fire. Everything is gone. We'd been to her house many times for playgroups, and the amount of work, love, and care she and her husband put into that home was incredible. My heart breaks for them and for their little girl.

Found out tonight, also, that another friend, newly married, just found out that his wife's mother has brain cancer. They are awaiting a biopsy to find out more.

And, finally, as I was emailing another friend about the house fire, I found out from my mom that my brother was attacked by a shark in Hawaii today.

Shark bits man's calf off Wailea; beach closed
http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?s=7283319

Okay, so I couldn't sleep tonight thinking about these friends with just huge problems. Now my brother is added to the list. So just what are you trying to tell me God?

Treasure every moment and don't take life for granted. I learned that one in a big way several years ago, but I think it's time for a refresher on that attitude.

Pray for people. So maybe that's why I can't sleep. That list up there is an awful lot of people who need prayers right now. If you're one of those people, or close to one of those people, just know that I am praying for you right now. I'm praying for healing, for strength, and for so much more.

And, finally, I'm praying for myself, that Ethan and Nick will wake up in the morning and do something sweet or funny, as they do everyday, and I can remember that life is wonderful too, even with so much tragedy.


OLD COMMENTS FROM MYSPACE:

Michelle,
Thanks for the perpective...prayer does heal.
xoxo

Posted by Christina on October 30, 2007 - Tuesday at 8:56 AM

No comments: