Saturday, April 19, 2008

Comedy Night

December 28, 2007 - Friday

Comedy night
Category: Life

Well, apparently tonight is comedy night at our house. We started off with a "Who's on first" type conversation over dinner.

Me: Nick, do you want some ravioli?
Ethan: (Who has been eating ravioli for 20 minutes but calling it pasta) Ooohhh....is that the yummy green stuff we eat with chips?
Me: No. That's guacamole. This is ravioli.
Ethan: Whack-a-mo-li? (He just got a whack-a-mole game for Christmas so I think that's where whack-a-mo-li came from).
Me: Not Whackamole, GUACamole....with a 'g'.
Ethan: wickamole?
Me: No. Guacamole.
Ethan: Whackamole?
Me: Guacamole.
Ethan: Quackamole?
Me: Guacamole.
Ethan: guacamole?
Me: Yes!
Ethan: Whack-a-mo-li and guacamole....they rhyme!!

Later on,
Dad: Ethan, how do you say guacamole?
Ethan: WHACK-a-mo-lee!!!

Next, there was the whole panda bear video incident. If you haven't seen the other blog from tonight...'We think this is hilarious' go watch it. Anyway, I don't know how we stumbled on it, but Ethan and I watched it together, and I just cracked up. Then we replayed it and I laughed even harder. The third time, I was laughing uncontrollably, tears streaming down my face, and the more I watched it the more I laughed. (I think maybe because I can so relate to jumping out of your skin like that. )
Meanwhile, Joe is sitting on the other couch looking at us like we just landed from Mars. Finally, Ethan hits replay again, and then holds his hand over my mouth and orders me to not laugh yet! Yeah, right. Like I can stop laughing at this point, especially with him sitting next to me telling me not to laugh!

Finally, as we're getting Nick cleaned up from dinner, Ethan decides to "tell" him some jokes. This involves asking Nick ridiculous questions and waiting for him to answer, "Yea!" in his cute little enthusiastic voice. Ethan thinks it is hilarious to see what Nick will say yes to! Nick thinks it is wonderful that big brother is asking him to do stuff.

Ethan: Nicholas, would you like to hit yourself in the eye with your foot?
Nick: Yeah!! (Oh...that sounds good!!)
Ethan: Do you want to hit yourself with a guitar?
Nick: Yeah!! (Ooohh...I get to do something else too?)
Ethan: Do you want to hit yourself with the whole wide world?
Nick: Yeah!! ( More stuff with brother? Co-ol!!)
Ethan: What about Mars? Want to hit yourself even with Mars?
Nick: Yeah!! (Ooohh...today must be my lucky day!!)
Ethan: Even Pluto?
Nick: Yeah!!(WOW! This is going to be FUN!!!)
Ethan: Do you want to hit yourself with a TV? A mystery? A FART?? (Yes, every conversation around here somehow unfortunately comes around to farts in the end!)

And to wrap it up for bedtime, I'll tell you the story of Green Eggs and Ham....Now this actually happened a couple of weeks ago, but since I've just told you everything ends up with farting, it seems appropriate to end with this story....

We were reading Green Eggs and Ham, and Ethan was very excited because he was reading along with a lot of the words, and jumping up and down everytime we said 'Sam-I-am'. Anyway, about half way through the story, we turn the page and he stops me.
Ethan: Mom, wait!
Me: What? Why?
Ethan:Mom, you read the words, and I'LL do the FARTS!!!
Me: ????????????
Ethan: Go ahead, mom.
Me: ????? OK.
So, this is how the story continued, with Ethan providing the farting noises. How do you spell a fart noise anyway?

I do not like them in a box (fart!) Ethan is laughing.
I do not like them with a fox
(fart!) Okay, now I'm laughing too.
I do not like them in a house
(fart!) Ok, this is funny.
I do not like them with a mouse
(fart!) I can't believe I'm laughing at this!!
I do not like them here or there
(fart!) Really laughing!!
I do not like them anywhere (fart!) This is hysterical!!!
I do not like green eggs and ham
(fart!)
I do not like them Sam-I-am (fart!)

I will never be able to read Green Eggs and Ham again without laughing about this!! Will you?

No comments: