Tuesday, April 22, 2008

just a quickie

February 22, 2008 - Friday

just a quickie
Category: Life

Okay, I'm really in the middle of cleaning the bathroom, and I really need to get that actually DONE, so this is just a quickie, and I'll post a LOT more later, BUT

We stopped at the video store on the way home today and Ethan got one of the freebie kids movies...Scooby Doo and the reluctant werewolf. He's watching it, and as I walk by he says,
Mom, what do those words say?
Me: Hmmm? I don't know honey. That's in French. Has it been in French the whole time?
Ethan: No.
Me: Okay. (That's weird that the bad guys are speaking French, but whatever...)

AT LEAST 30 minutes later.....
I walk by again, and notice they are still speaking French, with the subtitles at the bottom. So it's not just the bad guys, it's the whole darn movie. IN FRENCH!! And Ethan has been sitting here for the last hour and 20 minutes watching it without interruption! I am really not such a big Scooby Doo fan, but I have to say, Scooby and Shaggy are pretty funny in French! ( Mind you I don't speak any French, so that helps!! :)

AND....
as I'm sitting here typing, not having said a word to Ethan, he suddenly picks up the controller, pushes a button, and says "Now that's better.... IT just needed to be on number 1! Now that's better." And now they are magically speaking English with spanish subtitles at the bottom of the screen!

I am cracking up!!

No comments: