Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You're not the boss of me...

"You're not the boss of me!"

How many times as a kid did you say that? Brings back memories, doesn't it?

Well, I heard it again tonight in the truck on the way home. We were in the driveway at my mom and dad's after dropping mom off. Ethan was swinging/spinning this large remote control car around by the wheels. It's going around and around and around, and I can just see it flying out of his hands and breaking his nose. I tell him that, and explain why I'm asking him to stop so he won't get hurt.


Ethan: Huh! YOU'RE not the boss of me!!
Me: (Oh, buddy, that was NOT the right thing to say to me or the right tone to say it in!) Oh really? I sure AM the boss of you! I'm your MOTHER!
Ethan: Uh-uh. You're not the boss of me. GOD is the boss of me!
Me: (Crap. How do you argue with that?) Well...You're right, that's true.

Me: But you know what? God is the boss of you and he put me in charge of taking care of you!
(Ha! Got the last word after all! And it actually worked and stopped the argument.... Amazing.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love it! mom