Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What are you eating?

I was on the computer last night when Ethan came walking in. He's chewing/sucking on something, and it's hard and clacking against his teeth.
That sounds like he's sucking on a water bottle lid...

Me: What are you eating?
Ethan: CAN- (suck/clack/suck)-DY
Me: Oh. Good.
Ethan: NOT a dead rat!
Me: Mmmm-hmm. (Not paying attention now that it's not a danger issue...)
Ethan:
Suck/clack/suck....
Me: WAIT! What did you just say? Did you just say you weren't eating a dead rat?
Ethan: Yeah, because that would be disgusting, right? Yuck.

Where does this come from? I have no idea. Truly.

Today, as it's pouring rain, Ethan says: I knowed that it was going to rain today.
Me: You did?
Ethan: Yep. I knowed it yesterday, even before it started to rain!
Me: Really? (We had like a less than 20% chance for tomorrow, none for today, and it was 105 and sunny all day.) How did you know?
Ethan: My brain just knowed it. Sometimes brains do that.

******************************************************************************

Nicholas is now working hard to keep me laughing too. Besides counting all day long, and pointing out numbers and letters everywhere we go, he's into colors. So I pointed to his yellow striped shirt yesterday and asked, "What color is this?"
Nick: Dis is BOO!
Me: laughing....no, this is YELLOW!
Nick: Dis is BOO!

We did this all day. I'd ask,"What color is this?"
Nick: Dis is BOO!
Me: laughing....no, this is YELLOW!
Nick: Dis is BOO!

Over and over, always the same answer. (And very proud of it he was!)

Today, pointing to a BLUE shirt, I ask,
What color is this?
Nick: Big grin.....Dis is yeyow!!

I LOVE THESE BOYS! Life is never boring!

1 comment:

megan said...

"NOT a dead rat" is going to be my answer now every time someone asks me what I'm eating or what I'm going to eat. I like it. It's simple and it's so true.