Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yeah.....is it time for school to start yet?

So, I'm ready for school to start.
Ethan has been ready for school to start since last week.
He was begging for it.
I went to the library and got a bunch of math and reading stuff for him.
That helps a little.
We got to the pool, or to play with friends everyday.
That helps a little.
We have quiet time every after noon while Nick naps.
That helps a little.
Then, there are times like right now, where I just think, "IS IT AUGUST 25th YET?????"

Ethan, pulling out a Dublin Dr.Pepper for his afternoon treat, walks by me to go pop the top off the old fashioned glass botttle.
As he goes by he says: Ilikebasettbarryceptnotforlunch.....
Me: ???? What?
Ethan: Ilikebasketberryceptnotforlunch..... (Duh, mom!)
Me: What????????????? I still couldn't understand you!
Ethan: I.....LIKE.....BASKET....BERRY.....'CEPT.....NOT......FOR.......LUNCH!! (Jeez, mom, aren't you listening?)
Me: Uh-huh. (so I heard it right, but it wasn't supposed to make any sense?)
Ethan: Yeah, you know like basketball, but it's basketberry, 'cause they don't have basketballs, they only have berries. Just not for lunch.
Me: IS IT AUGUST 25th YET????

1 comment:

megan said...

WOW! I think this might be my favorite Ethanese non-sequitur. Coupled with the "hello isn't it obvious" explanation! Comedic genius.