Saturday, August 2, 2008

Forever? You forgot about school....

It's 9:40. My kids are both up. Yes, I'm an awful mom. I cannot get my kids to sleep at night. Ethan has been popping up every two minutes. I say go to bed. He pops back out a minute later.
Here's a small sampling of my evening:

Me: Bring me whatever you're playing with in there that is not supposed to be in your room.
Ethan: (brings out two orange soccer cones)
Me: Now go to bed.
Nick from the crib: Mommy! MOMMMMY!!! Mommy! MOMMMY!!!!!
Ethan: (throws the cones in the corner behind the rocker)
Me: Ethan!
Ethan: What?
Nick from the crib: Mommy! MOMMMMY!!! Mommy! MOMMMY!!!!!
Me: That's not where those go. Just GO TO BED!
Ethan: FOREVER?
Me: Yes!
Ethan: You mean until I'm....
Me: Until you're twenty.
Ethan: Nuh-uh. You forgot about school.
Me: Too bad.
Ethan: Why?

Ethan: (to dad): Dad! You almost got in trouble!

Me: Really? Are you SERIOUS?

No comments: