Friday, November 7, 2008

Ta da da da da DOooooo!

For a long time now, Nick has been talking well enough that we can all understand him most of the time. He won't be three until next May, but he counts forward and back ward to 13, he knows shapes like octogon, cresent, and rectangle, he flies rocket ships to outer space saying, "3-2-1-BLAST OFF! psshhhhhhhhh Look! A Planet!!"

So, he's very verbal, and I love understanding him when I couldn't understand Ethan at this age. But there is one thing that he has said for a LONG time (maybe 6 or 8 months?) that none of us could ever figure out. Whenever he didn't have something work the way he wanted, or he was mildly upset by something,
he would say, "Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!" and throw his hands up in the air.
He's still saying it.
"Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"
And we will ask, what is that? What are you trying to say?
"Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"
What do you want?"
Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"

No clue what that might mean. It's EXACTLy the same everytime though, so it must mean SOMETHING to him.

Well, at lunch the other day, the lightbulb came on (and he said it a little more clearly so that I finally GOT it!) He's saying, with his hands up in the air, "I don't know what to DO!".
As in, my crayon just dropped behind the booth seat and I can't get it out! "Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"
As in, I dropped my drink and can't reach it "Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"
As in, I can't find my binky "Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"

It is so cute and sweet now that I know what he is saying! "Ta-da-da-da-da DOooooooooo!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's AWESOME. it's like deciphering another language. i love that!

and btw- about TIME we had another posting!!!